|List of Institutes|
IntroductionSaraswathi Vidya Bhavan’s College of Pharmacy (SVBCP), established in the year 1993 has completed 27 years of excellence in education. The college managed by Saraswathi Vidya Bhavan trust, affiliated to University of Mumbai, offers Graduate (B.Pharmacy – 4 years) course in Pharmaceutical Sciences and Post Graduate (M.Pharmacy – 2 years) course in two disciplines: Pharmacognosy and Quality Assurance. The college also offers Ph.D. in Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry and Diploma in Pharmacy. SVBCP is one of the premier establishments which has been nurtured under the guidance of Founder President Dr. R. Varadarajan. NES-SVB educational group is the first educational group in India to receive British Quality Mark and British Corporate Membership by the World famed British Institute of Learning and Development, U.K., reckoning the Pharmacy College as a flagship Institution.
Saraswathi Vidya Bhavan’s College of Pharmacy (SVBCP), established in the year 1993 has completed 27 years of excellence in education. The college managed by Saraswathi Vidya Bhavan trust, affiliated to University of Mumbai, offers Graduate (B.Pharmacy – 4 years) course in Pharmaceutical Sciences and Post Graduate (M.Pharmacy – 2 years) course in two disciplines: Pharmacognosy and Quality Assurance. The college also offers Ph.D. in Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry and Diploma in Pharmacy.SVBCP is one of the premier establishments which has been nurtured under the guidance of Founder President Dr. R. Varadarajan. NES-SVB educational group is the first educational group in India to receive British Quality Mark and British Corporate Membership by the World famed British Institute of Learning and Development, U.K., reckoning the Pharmacy College as a flagship Institution.
SVB came into existence as a sister institutional trust on 14th April 1983; under the brotherly care and valued experience of National Education Society (NES). It is one of the premier establishments which has been nurtured under the able guidance of Founder President Dr.R. Varadarajan. NES-SVB educational group has become the ﬁrst educational group in India to receive British Quality Mark and British Corporate Membership by the World famed British Institute of Learning and Development U.K. As the First Indian, Dr. R. Varadarajan, Founder President, a visionary in the ﬁeld of education was conferred with the highest global honor of British Fellowship, in recognition of his contribution to the world of learning, development and education in India. On 21 September 2005, National Assessment and Accreditation committee ( NAAC ) a Division of University Grant Commission peer team conferred “B + grade” to SVB College of Pharmacy. The founder President was also conferred an honor at the House of Commons UK, on 11th January 2011, by Mr. George Mudie, Senior statesman and Member of British Parliament. The NES –SVB group of institution have also been crowned with IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj Quality trophy for excellence in education. The college along with all the institutes of NES-SVB having successfully maneuvered through nearly ﬁve decades, and is now in its Golden Jubilee Year (2012-13).
Transcending beyond its Inland horizon, the college has established several tie ups with the University of Missouri, USA, Texas University, USA, Australian International Sports Academy to have a world ramiﬁcations of the college and Quality of education.
To stand distinguished as a Centre of Excellence that fosters talent, research aptitude, entrepreneurship, human values and holistic development of competent healthcare professionals to fulfill the requirements of the industry and community, at large.
- To provide state-of-the-art infrastructure and a teaching-learning environment that is conducive for holistic development.
- To instill the values of discipline, integrity, humanity and professionalism required for the healthcare sector.
- To nurture young professional leaders to work towards novel research ideas, innovation and entrepreneurial thinking for benefit of the community, at large.
Programme Educations Outcomes
- To impart knowledge , develop skills and core competency in subject of pharmaceutical sciences in order to develop a career through higher studies, employment and entrepreneurship
- To inculcate deep sense of humanity , discipline and responsibility towards society by keeping in mind ethics for health care related practices and play role in patient counseling
- To empower the students to integrate the technical and the allied knowledge gained through various courses of pharmacy programme for sustainable development of pharmacy profession and society as a whole.
- To inspire students to keep abreast of state of art technology through life long learning.
- Accredited by NBA (B. Pharm.)
- Highly Qualified and Experienced Teaching faculty
- A proud Alma mater whose alumni
- Student enrichment teaching methodology
- Strong academic delivery system and streamlined assessment mechanisms.
- Outcome-Based Education for Teaching-Learning and Assessment.
- Well-defined mentoring procedure for the continuous progress of students.
- Training and grooming of students for better placement, personality development and competitive exams.
- Opportunities for Internship at industry, hospitals, drug stores and reputed foreign universities.
- Efficient feedback system for curriculum development
- Focus on the synergy between teaching and the all-round development of the students.
- Well-equipped laboratories, sophisticated instruments like HPLC, HPTLC, FTIR, Spray dryer, Extruder and spherometer, R & D coater etc.
- Enriched library along with digital Library facility
- Medicinal Plant Garden
- Spacious Auditorium
- Specious and Smart Class rooms
- Wi-Fi campus
- Indoor and Our Door games
- Electricity backup system 100 %
- Separate Girls and Boys common room
- Well-furnished Pilot Plant
- Exceptionally Creative Pharma Museum
- Fully equipped Gymnasium
- Canteen Facility
- Medical facility room
“College is the body and library is the soul of it, which moulds the future of the student”
Our library is a treasure house of important books. The library area is 150 sq.mtr. with seating capacity of 100 readers including PG, UG and Staff. The library has a specialized collection in the ﬁeld of Pharmacy including Reference Books like Encyclopedia of Pharmaceutical Technology; Indian, U.S. & British Pharmacopoeias; Dictionaries, Medical Dictionary; National and British Formulary; Merck Index, Martindale; Decker Series etc. We subscribe to most leading National and International Journals related to the Pharmacy.
The Library Resource Center offers the services as Reading Facilities, Reference, Open Access Facility (Staff & M.Pharm), CAS, SDI, Photocopying, Circulation, Video Viewing, Computerized Information Search (Digital Library), Newspaper Clipping etc.
The Library is a member of University Department of Chemical Technology (UDCT), through which our PG and Staff members can refer their library and access Online Databases, Full text Journals, Full text Books etc. One of the outstanding attributes of the Library is the availability of sustaining funds from the trust and as a result of the creation of special endowments for library.
In the present scenario library clienteles are more attracted by the information available in e-form rather than physically searching through catalogue etc. Therefore the Digital Library becomes the necessasity of the library for their better usage of collection. SVBCP had inaugurated the DIGITAL LIBRARY ON 19th FEBRUARY , 2008. Through which users are able to access Thesis, Seminars [full text from 2008 onwards], Industrial Reports [full text from 2008 onwards], Staff Publications, Teaching aids, Periodic and Semester Question Papers, Syllabus, E-Books etc.
- Volumes of books – 8062
- Titles of books – 1577
- No. of Printed National Journals – 16
- E-journals : Bentham Science & ScienceDirect – 23
- Bound Journals – 787
- Educational CDs – 54
- Thesis – 211
- Seminar Report (B.Pharm / M.Pharm) – 462
- Industrial Training Report – 640
- Drug Information Report – 56
The Library Resource Center offers the following services :
- Reading Facility
- Open Access Facility ( Staff & M.Pharm )
- Web-Opac (Online Public Access Catalogue)
- Computerized Information Search ( Digital Library )
- Newspaper Clipping
Library automation done by using the E-Granthalaya Software.
Digitization of the Institutional repositories by using DSpace Software. The material accessible are :
- Seminars and Industrial Reports
- Periodic Question Papers
- Semester Question Papers
- Staff Publications
- Photo Gallery
- College Publications
- Monday to Friday: 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
- Saturday 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
LIBRARY RULES & REGULATIONS:
- The Library will remain open for reference and study from Monday to 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. And 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. except holidays and Sundays.
- Readers are requested to observe strict silence in the library to avoid causing inconvenience in any manner to other readers.
- Students should deposit their bags in the hooks provided outside the reading hall.
- They should bring only their library cards at the circulation counter.
- Library is not meant for chatting.
- Only those who want to issue/return books or refer the books will be allowed in the library.
- No group discussion will be allowed. Library chairs should not be shifted from one place to another.
- Books or Journals should not be used as pads when taking down notes or left open unattended to and should be handled carefully so as to avoid damage.
- Any accidental damage should be immediately reported to the library staff.
- Every student making use of the library must have an Identity Card which he/she must produce if demanded.
- Students violating any rules will have to face penalty by way of paying ﬁne etc.
- Cell Phones are strictly prohibited in the library and in the college campus.
- Eating and sleeping inside the library are strictly prohibited.
BORROWING PRIVILEGES (STUDENTS):
- Books (Other than reference books) may be borrowed or returned between 9.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. on all working days. Reference Books and Journals are not for home issue.
- They should not be taken out of the reading hall.
- Students can take 4 books at a time on their Reference Card. Students can borrow three books for 4 days on their Library Card.
- Issued books must be returned to the library on or before the due date mentioned on the Due date slip.
- Failure to comply with this regulation a ﬁne of Rs. 5/- per day is charged.
- A book returned by a borrower may be reissued to him/her only if there is no other claimant for it. Books must be returned in a good condition as they were at the time of issue.
- If a book is damaged or scribbled upon, the borrower will be liable to pay the full price of the book.
- On returning books, borrowers must ensure that the receiving clerk discharges the loan entry on his/her name.
- Until this is done the borrower is responsible for the book.
- A borrowed book which is not returned within 90 days of the ‘due date’ shall be treated as irrecoverable and the borrower shall be charged addition to the overdue ﬁne.
- Students should not be keep books with them during any vacation.
IDENTITY CARDS TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
All students enrolled in academic courses offered by the S.V.B.C.P . are eligible for the college Identity Card.
The ID card will be issue at First Year B.Pharm/M.Pharm and it is intended to last the duration of your stay.
This card is non-transferable and is the property of S.V.B.’s College of Pharmacy. It gives the holder convenient access to a whole range of essential campus services and functions.
Unauthorized or fraudulent use of ID card may be subject to penalty and or academic action.
It is the cardholder’s responsibility to protect and maintain the condition of his/her card.
You should carry your ID Card at all times whilst on college campus.
You must produce your card immediately if asked for identiﬁcation on a college campus by an authorized person (e.g. security staff).
It shall be obligatory on the part of students to wear their Identity cards while stepping into the gate and till they are present in the campus and wherever you are presenting your college.
The cardholder is responsible for immediately reporting a lost or stolen card.
Reports must be made to the library staff.
A temporary ID Card will be given against the nonrefundable fee of Rs. 100/- and the new ID Card will be issued in one month.
The ID Card remains the property of the College. You are responsible for returning the card if asked to do so, when you are passing out.
We take every effort to encourage our students to participate in various social, cultural and sports activities.
Modern style well equipped Gymnasium. Table Tennis, Carom facilities are available to the Students.
A land has been purchased at Davadi a village in Dombivli for building sophisticated well equipped sports school.
Indoor and outdoor sport areas are dedicated for students to stay physically fit and healthy. Mud ground also available for outdoor sports activities and practice for the sports students.
Indoor Games: Table Tennis, Carom, chess, etc.
Outdoor Game: Badminton, cricket, football, volleyball, etc.
Computer center is equipped with 50 computers. It has the latest and frequently used softwares with Wi-Fi facility. The students are trained to handle various software programs as per the curriculum of University of Mumbai.
A well stocked hygienic canteen for students and staff members.
Most people fondly remember their college canteen as one of their life’s high points. It was the place where they kept their creative juices ﬂowing with hot discussions, chewing ideas, exchanging and sharing strongly held opinions and eatables SVB Pharmacy College has spacious Canteen dishing out menus that are highly popular with students. Great care is taken by the kitchen staff to assemble a Well-balanced nutritious and tasty food that in turn will fuel the students quest towards success. Students enjoy their food in the aesthetic and appetising atmosphere. Frequently, the discussions get animated as a students pet theory is challenged and legs are pulled playfully.
The canteen is the lifeblood of the students. For students and teachers alike, the canteen is a welcome break from the routine of lessons. The homely atmosphere and aroma of delicious food permeates the air as they eat, drink and chat. It remains a focal place of the students for rest and refreshment.
A well-equipped Gymnasium has been provided for students.
Separate rooms for Boys and Girls
Separate Rooms are provided for Boys and Girls. The rooms are provided with in house wash room facilities and indoor games.
Saraswathi Vidya Bhavan’s College of Pharmacy is well equipped with the necessary machines required for the students to be acquainted with the actual work methodology in Pharma industries.
List of Equipment:
- Rotary Press
- Single Station Tablet Press
- Ball Mill
- Bench Scale Capsule Filling Machine
- Sieve Shaker
- Tube Crimping Machine
- Bottle Sealing Machine
- Double Cone Blender
- Tablet Coating Pan
- Silverson Homogenizer
- Hot Air Oven
- Digital Balance
- Single Pan Balance
Animal House of Saraswathi Vidya Bhavan’s College of Pharmacy, Dombivli (E.) is registered under Committee for the Purpose of Control and Supervision of Experiments on Animals(CPCSEA)
The Committee for the Purpose of Control and Supervision of Experiments on Animals(CPCSEA) is a statutory Committee, which is established under Chapter 4, Section 15(1) of the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act 1960. It is a part of the Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying Government of India.Animal House is CPCSEA approved and has all the facilities to perform animal experimentation.
It has been organized in following areas:
1. Entry room
2. Quarantine area
3. Animal holding room
4. Animal experimentation area
5. Washing area
Animal house is well equipped with:
1. Thermohygrometer to monitor temperature and humidity.
2. Euthanasia Chamber for sacrificing animals.
3. Air-conditioning system to maintain temperature in the animal house.
4. Aquaguard system for providing drinking water to experimental animals.
5. Refrigerator (dedicated for animal house) for storing test samples or test products to be evaluated using animal experimentationAll the documentation is as per CPCSEA guidelines. Also, registered biomedical service has been availed for ethical disposal of biomedical waste being generated in the animal house.
Spacious smart class rooms are available equipped with projectors, smart boards, comfortable seating arrangements for effective learning.
Museums have different characteristics and objectives.
They are professionally managed to provide the ideal environment for the conservation and display of collections. Large-scale thematic exhibitions are held every year to add variety to the permanent exhibitions.
A glimpse of our very own museum is showcased below
National Education Trust
Established on 14th of April, 1963, with the noble idea of creating a new generation of educated and committed citizens, that will inherit high degree of basic values, the National Education Society along with Saraswathi Vidya Bhavan (founded in 1983) today stands tall with 65 constituent institutions imparting quality education to thousands of students, ranging from pre-school to post graduation level in various professional areas. The inspiration to: Innovate invoke and adopt modern teaching and administrative methods, is well woven in each thread of N.E.S and S.V.B fabric. Since the time of its inception, all institutions have been achieving 100% results and producing merit rankers at the Board and University examinations.
This progressive attitude has bestowed upon the N.E.S numerous National Awards and recognitions. Commemorating the society’s 30 years of nation building task through education, a special postal stamp was released on the 5th of September 1994 by the government of India, and in the same year, the founder president of N.E.S – Dr. R. Varadarajan was conferred with the “BEST Teacher Award” by then President of India, Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma.
On 14th, April, 2002, all the institutions under NES & SVB banners, received the ISO 9001:2000 certiﬁcation for maintaining world class standards in education. This was then the ﬁrst of its kind for any educational institution in Maharashtra.
The ‘A’ grade awarded to NES Ratnam College by NAAC. UGC, & the SVB’s College of Pharmacy emerging as the best college in Maharashtra, only re-iterate the quality objectives of the institution. The NES National Centre for Research & Development in Education, Science & Technology is again a unique non-government venture dwelling on research and development in education, the only of its kind in the country.
Thus, the National Education Society and Saraswathi Vidya Bhavan group of institutions have been constantly pioneering in the ﬁeld of education by setting landmarks and creating records year after year.
Dr. R. Varadarajan started his educational voyage with 7 tiny tots in 1963 and has continued to steward the cause of education as Principal of schools and president of Colleges, he established. After getting a very special extension of service by 4 years from the Education Department, Government of Maharashtra today, students of 65 institutions derive beneﬁt from the educational societies and trusts founded by Dr. R Varadarajan.
- NES Sunbeam School
- NES Primary School
- NES High School
- NES Jr. College of Arts, Science and Commerce
- NES Vocational Jr. College
- NES Ratnam Jr. College of Science
- NES Ratnam College of Arts, Science and commerce
- NES Ratnam Institute of Management Studies
- NES Information & Technology Centre
- NES Welfare Centre for Handicapped Students
- NES Multipurpose Auditorium
- NES School for the Hearing Impaired
- NES National Centre for R & D in Education, Science and Technology (All over India)
- NES Music & Dance Academy
- NES Gymkhana and Sports Centre
- NES Audio-visual Centre
- NES Medical Centre
- NES Computer Academy
- NES Centre for Post Graduate Studies
- NES Institute for Foreign languages
- NES National Open School
- NES National Yoga Academy
- NES Institute for Teachers’ Training in Early Childhood Care and Education
- NES National Public (ICSE) School
- NES International School
- NES International- IB World School
Saraswathi Vidya Bhavan founded by him conducts the following institutions in Mumbai and nieghbouring Districts.
- SVB Sunrise School
- SVB Primary School
- SVB Oxford School
- SVB Institute of Teachers Training
- SVB Computer Centre
- SVB Balwadi and Creche Management
- SVB College of Pharmacy for B. Pharm., M. Pharm., D. Pharm., and Ph.D.
- SVB Saraswathi College of Education & Research
- SVB Sankara Vidyalaya
- SVB Shri Vidya Ganapathi Temple Complex
- SVB Sri Sankara Music School
- SVB Sri Sankara Vedic Library
- SVB Institute of Computer Studies
- SVB UMT School
New Institutions of Saraswathi Vidya Bhavan in the process of establishment:
- SVB International School (Residential)
- SVB Old age Home
- SVB Orphanage
- SVB Institute of Management Studies
And more professional institutions, like College of Engineering, College of Computer Technology, Architecture, Institute for Hospitality Management etc.