National Education Trust
Established on 14th of April, 1963, with the noble idea of creating a new generation of educated and committed citizens, that will inherit high degree of basic values, the National Education Society along with Saraswathi Vidya Bhavan (founded in 1983) today stands tall with 65 constituent institutions imparting quality education to thousands of students, ranging from pre-school to post graduation level in various professional areas. The inspiration to: Innovate invoke and adopt modern teaching and administrative methods, is well woven in each thread of N.E.S and S.V.B fabric. Since the time of its inception, all institutions have been achieving 100% results and producing merit rankers at the Board and University examinations.
This progressive attitude has bestowed upon the N.E.S numerous National Awards and recognitions. Commemorating the society’s 30 years of nation building task through education, a special postal stamp was released on the 5th of September 1994 by the government of India, and in the same year, the founder president of N.E.S – Dr. R.Varadarajan was conferred with the “BEST Teacher Award” by then President of India, Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma.
On 14th, April, 2002, all the institutions under NES & SVB banners, received the ISO 9001:2000 certiﬁcation for maintaining world class standards in education. This was then the ﬁrst of its kind for any educational institution in Maharashtra.
The ‘A’ grade awarded to NES Ratnam College by NAAC. UGC, & the SVB’s College of Pharmacy emerging as the best college in Maharashtra, only re-iterate the quality objectives of the institution. The NES National Centre for Research & Development in Education, Science & Technology is again a unique non-government venture dwelling on research and development in education, the only of its kind in the country.
Thus the National Education Society and Saraswathi Vidya Bhavan group of institutions have been constantly pioneering in the ﬁeld of education by setting landmarks and creating records year after year.
Dr. R. Varadarajan started his educational voyage with 7 tiny tots in 1963 and has continued to steward the cause of education as Principal of schools and president of Colleges, he established. After getting a very special extension of service by 4 years from the Education Department, Government of Maharashtra today, students of 65 institutions derive beneﬁt from the educational societies and trusts founded by Dr. R Varadarajan.
- NES Sunbeam School
- NES Primary School
- NES High School
- NES Jr.College of Arts, Science and Commerce
- NES Vocational Jr. College
- NES Ratnam Jr. College of Science
- NES Ratnam College of Arts, Science and commerce
- NES Ratnam Institute of Management Studies
- NES Information & Technology Centre
- NES Welfare Centre for Handicapped Students
- NES Multipurpose Auditorium
- NES School for the Hearing Impaired
- NES National Centre for R & D in Education, Science and Technology (All over India)
- NES Music & Dance Academy
- NES Gymkhana and Sports Centre
NES Audiovisual Centre
- NES Medical Centre
- NES Computer Academy
- NES Centre for Post Graduate Studies
- NES Institute for Foreign languages
- NES National Open School
- NES National Yoga Academy
- NES Institute for Teachers’ Training in Early Childhood Care and Education
- NES National Public (ICSE) School
- NES International School
- NES International- IB World School
Saraswathi Vidya Bhavan founded by him conducts the following institutions in Mumbai and neighbouring Districts.
- SVB Sunrise School
- SVB Primary School
- SVB Oxford School
- SVB Institute of Teachers Training
- SVB Computer Centre
- SVB Balwadi and Creche Management
- SVB College of Pharmacy for B.Pharm and M.Pharm
- SVB Saraswathi College of Education & Research
- SVB Sankara Vidyalaya
- SVB Shri Vidya Ganapathi Temple Complex
- SVB Sri Sankara Music School
- SVB Sri Sankara Vedic Library
- SVB Institute of Computer Studies
New Institutions of Saraswathi Vidya Bhavan in the process of establishment:
- SVB International School (Residential)
- SVB Oldage Home
- SVB Orphanage
- SVB Institute of Management Studies
And more professional institutions, like College of Engineering, College of Computer Technology, Architecture, Institute for Hospitality Management etc.