“College is the body and library is the soul of it, which moulds the future of the student”
Our library is a treasure house of important books. The library area is 150 sq.mtr. with seating capacity of 100 readers including PG, UG and Staff. The library has a specialized collection in the ﬁeld of Pharmacy including Reference Books like Encyclopedia of Pharmaceutical Technology; Indian, U.S. & British Pharmacopoeias; Dictionaries, Medical Dictionary; National and British Formulary; Merck Index, Martindale; Decker Series etc. We subscribe to most leading National and International Journals related to the Pharmacy.
The Library Resource Center offers the services as Reading Facilities, Reference, Open Access Facility (Staff & M.Pharm), CAS, SDI, Photocopying, Circulation, Video Viewing, Computerized Information Search (Digital Library), Newspaper Clipping etc.
The Library is a member of University Department of Chemical Technology (UDCT), through which our PG and Staff members can refer their library and access Online Databases, Full text Journals, Full text Books etc. One of the outstanding attributes of the Library is the availability of sustaining funds from the trust and as a result of the creation of special endowments for library.
In the present scenario library clienteles are more attracted by the information available in e-form rather than physically searching through catalogue etc. Therefore the Digital Library becomes the necessasity of the library for their better usage of collection. SVBCP had inaugurated the DIGITAL LIBRARY ON 19th FEBRUARY , 2008. Through which users are able to access Thesis, Seminars [full text from 2008 onwards], Industrial Reports [full text from 2008 onwards], Staff Publications, Teaching aids, Periodic and Semester Question Papers, Syllabus, E-Books etc.
- Volumes of books – 8062
- Titles of books – 1577
- No. of Printed National Journals – 16
- E-journals : Bentham Science & ScienceDirect – 23
- Bound Journals – 787
- Educational CDs – 54
- Thesis – 211
- Seminar Report (B.Pharm / M.Pharm) – 462
- Industrial Training Report – 640
- Drug Information Report – 56
The Library Resource Center offers the following services :
- Reading Facility
- Open Access Facility ( Staff & M.Pharm )
- Web-Opac (Online Public Access Catalogue)
- Computerized Information Search ( Digital Library )
- Newspaper Clipping
Library automation done by using the E-Granthalaya Software.
Digitization of the Institutional repositories by using DSpace Software. The material accessible are :
- Seminars and Industrial Reports
- Periodic Question Papers
- Semester Question Papers
- Staff Publications
- Photo Gallery
- College Publications
- Monday to Friday: 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
- Saturday 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
LIBRARY RULES & REGULATIONS:
- The Library will remain open for reference and study from Monday to 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. And 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. except holidays and Sundays.
- Readers are requested to observe strict silence in the library to avoid causing inconvenience in any manner to other readers.
- Students should deposit their bags in the hooks provided outside the reading hall.
- They should bring only their library cards at the circulation counter.
- Library is not meant for chatting.
- Only those who want to issue/return books or refer the books will be allowed in the library.
- No group discussion will be allowed. Library chairs should not be shifted from one place to another.
- Books or Journals should not be used as pads when taking down notes or left open unattended to and should be handled carefully so as to avoid damage.
- Any accidental damage should be immediately reported to the library staff.
- Every student making use of the library must have an Identity Card which he/she must produce if demanded.
- Students violating any rules will have to face penalty by way of paying ﬁne etc.
- Cell Phones are strictly prohibited in the library and in the college campus.
- Eating and sleeping inside the library are strictly prohibited.
BORROWING PRIVILEGES (STUDENTS):
- Books (Other than reference books) may be borrowed or returned between 9.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. on all working days. Reference Books and Journals are not for home issue.
- They should not be taken out of the reading hall.
- Students can take 4 books at a time on their Reference Card. Students can borrow three books for 4 days on their Library Card.
- Issued books must be returned to the library on or before the due date mentioned on the Due date slip.
- Failure to comply with this regulation a ﬁne of Rs. 5/- per day is charged.
- A book returned by a borrower may be reissued to him/her only if there is no other claimant for it. Books must be returned in a good condition as they were at the time of issue.
- If a book is damaged or scribbled upon, the borrower will be liable to pay the full price of the book.
- On returning books, borrowers must ensure that the receiving clerk discharges the loan entry on his/her name.
- Until this is done the borrower is responsible for the book.
- A borrowed book which is not returned within 90 days of the ‘due date’ shall be treated as irrecoverable and the borrower shall be charged addition to the overdue ﬁne.
- Students should not be keep books with them during any vacation.
IDENTITY CARDS TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
All students enrolled in academic courses offered by the S.V.B.C.P . are eligible for the college Identity Card.
The ID card will be issue at First Year B.Pharm/M.Pharm and it is intended to last the duration of your stay.
This card is non-transferable and is the property of S.V.B.’s College of Pharmacy. It gives the holder convenient access to a whole range of essential campus services and functions.
Unauthorized or fraudulent use of ID card may be subject to penalty and or academic action.
It is the cardholder’s responsibility to protect and maintain the condition of his/her card.
You should carry your ID Card at all times whilst on college campus.
You must produce your card immediately if asked for identiﬁcation on a college campus by an authorized person (e.g. security staff).
It shall be obligatory on the part of students to wear their Identity cards while stepping into the gate and till they are present in the campus and wherever you are presenting your college.
The cardholder is responsible for immediately reporting a lost or stolen card.
Reports must be made to the library staff.
A temporary ID Card will be given against the nonrefundable fee of Rs. 100/- and the new ID Card will be issued in one month.
The ID Card remains the property of the College. You are responsible for returning the card if asked to do so, when you are passing out.
A garden is specially set up within college campus to afford better understanding about plants of medicinal use, under the guidance of M/s. Zandu Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
We take every effort to encourage our students to participate in various social, cultural and sports activities.
Modern style well equipped Gymnasium. Table Tennis, Carom facilities are available to the Students.
A land has been purchased at Davadi a village in Dombivli for building sophisticated well equipped sports school.
Computer center is equipped with 50 computers. It has the latest and frequently used softwares with Wi-Fi facility. The students are trained to handle various software programs as per the curriculum of University of Mumbai.
A well stocked hygienic canteen for students and staff members.
Most people fondly remember their college canteen as one of their life’s high points. It was the place where they kept their creative juices ﬂowing with hot discussions, chewing ideas, exchanging and sharing strongly held opinions and eatables SVB Pharmacy College has spacious Canteen dishing out menus that are highly popular with students. Great care is taken by the kitchen staff to assemble a Well-balanced nutritious and tasty food that in turn will fuel the students quest towards success. Students enjoy their food in the aesthetic and appetising atmosphere. Frequently, the discussions get animated as a students pet theory is challenged and legs are pulled playfully.
The canteen is the lifeblood of the students. For students and teachers alike, the canteen is a welcome break from the routine of lessons. The homely atmosphere and aroma of delicious food permeates the air as they eat, drink and chat. It remains a focal place of the students for rest and refreshment.
A well-equipped Gymnasium has been provided for students.
Separate rooms for Boys and Girls
Separate Rooms are provided for Boys and Girls. The rooms are provided with in house wash room facilities and indoor games.
Saraswathi Vidya Bhavan’s College of Pharmacy is well equipped with the necessary machines required for the students to be acquainted with the actual work methodology in Pharma industries.
List of Equipment:
- Rotary Press
- Single Station Tablet Press
- Ball Mill
- Bench Scale Capsule Filling Machine
- Sieve Shaker
- Tube Crimping Machine
- Bottle Sealing Machine
- Double Cone Blender
- Tablet Coating Pan
- Silverson Homogenizer
- Hot Air Oven
- Digital Balance
- Single Pan Balance
Animal House of Saraswathi Vidya Bhavan’s College of Pharmacy, Dombivli (E.) is registered under Committee for the Purpose of Control and Supervision of Experiments on Animals(CPCSEA)
The Committee for the Purpose of Control and Supervision of Experiments on Animals(CPCSEA) is a statutory Committee, which is established under Chapter 4, Section 15(1) of the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act 1960. It is a part of the Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying Government of India.Animal House is CPCSEA approved and has all the facilities to perform animal experimentation.
It has been organized in following areas:
1. Entry room
2. Quarantine area
3. Animal holding room
4. Animal experimentation area
5. Washing area
Animal house is well equipped with:
1. Thermohygrometer to monitor temperature and humidity.
2. Euthanasia Chamber for sacrificing animals.
3. Air-conditioning system to maintain temperature in the animal house.
4. Aquaguard system for providing drinking water to experimental animals.
5. Refrigerator (dedicated for animal house) for storing test samples or test products to be evaluated using animal experimentationAll the documentation is as per CPCSEA guidelines. Also, registered biomedical service has been availed for ethical disposal of biomedical waste being generated in the animal house.
Please click “Here” to view all the Laboratory facilities available with us.
Museums have different characteristics and objectives.
They are professionally managed to provide the ideal environment for the conservation and display of collections. Large-scale thematic exhibitions are held every year to add variety to the permanent exhibitions.
A glimpse of our very own museum is showcased below